Requirements for being a Mentor/Trainer within vACC-Austria
Must be 18 years of age or above
- Membership with vACC-Austria of at least 6 months and preferably a minimum of 18 months membership with VATSIM
- Must hold a C1 rating or above *
- Expected to have comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures and how to use them properly
- Expected to be patient and pedagogical
- Expected to feel comfortable in helping others
- Expected to be able to commit approximately 5 hours per week
The Training Department of vACC reserves the right to may lower the requirements to Senior Student (S3) if they feel there is a necessity after intense review.
The successful applicant shall receive an email about the result within 7 days of time.
Services given to Mentor/Trainer staff by Training Department
- Certified training material
- Support via E-Mail within 48 hours
- Advanced education on a quarterly basis
- Possibility for a leave of absence status (maximal 6 months in 2 years)
Removal from the status “Mentor/Trainer”
- Upon receiving his/her resignation
- Inactivity for more than 3 months without any notification given to the Training Department
- “Leave of absence”-Status has been exceeded
- Disciplinary action
Procedure of the Status-Removal “Mentor/Trainer”
- An email * shall be sent to the Mentor asking for clarification by the Training Department
- If no proper email - email@example.com - has been received from the Mentor within 7 days, the Training Department reserves the right to revoke the status “Mentor/Trainer”.
*Email-address provided upon vACC registration